Our team had the pleasure of attending the 2016 FSPA Convention in Orlando, FL at the Caribe Royal. The Financial & Security Products Association is a professional trade association dedicated to independent companies that sell, install and service financial institutions & related markets.
Each year, the association has a conference and manufacturers’ showcase to exhibit products and services specific to the financial industry. The show is designed around great networking and educational sessions.
At this year’s gathering, we were asked to assist on a web marketing panel, during which members were welcomed to ask questions about using the internet to promote their businesses. The discussion panel focused specifically on Google search and the use of Social Media.
Not only are many of these Education and Training classes offered at great prices several times a year. Webinars are offered free to all members & employees on various subjects (social media, business subjects, industry-specific topics).
Below is a video we created specifically for the FSPA. It’s a short impromptu presentation about the tradeshow and several of the exhibitors who were promoting their products. In this video, you will see the showcase floor and hear a few of the exhibitors speak about their business and the experience they had at the show.
Exhibitors represented in this video:
- Automated Transaction Delivery
- Vault Structures Incorporated
- CFS Inc.
- Heritage Industries
For more information about FSPA and the 2017 convention, please visit http://www.fspa1.com.
If your organization visits tradeshows, and more specifically exhibits at tradeshows, we highly encourage you to create these types of videos.
These videos are designed to increase your networking reach and promote your business online. Additionally you are providing a wonderful service to the association who is organizing the event.
Here is a simple approach on how to create and promote them:
- During slow times at the tradeshow, walk the floor and introduce yourself to fellow exhibitors. Let them know that you will be putting a short video together about the show and would like to know if they would like to participate. You’ll get about ½ of them to say yes. Additionally, collect their business card and ask them if they are interested in a link exchange between you and them.
- The video of each exhibitor should be about 20 seconds long. Have them introduce themselves, quickly explain what they do and then say a few nice words about the show. Your goal is to get about 6-8 vendors to speak.
- Take panorama footage of the show as well as any banners.
- Find an intern or a video production school to put the video together for you. If you are so inclined, you can also edit it yourself. Shoot for about a total of 2-3 minutes. Nothing more. Remember, the goal of the video is to present it to the Association for future marketing use as well.
- Once done, upload the video to your YouTube account, and send it to the association as a “Thank you” gift for putting on a great show. The description of the video should explain in detail what the video is about and who the exhibitors are in the video.
- Share the video socially on Facebook and tell the association to do the same.
- Consider running a YouTube pay per click campaign on the video. It’s very cost effective.
- Write a 500 word blog post about the show on your own website blog. Add the video (from your YouTube Channel) to your blog.
- Use an email distribution service (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc) and announce the video to all of the folks who visited your booth.
- Go back to Facebook and boost the video post to create more social engagement.
If you follow this process, you’ll be loved by the search engines, the association and Facebook. It’s a win/win for exhibitors, the association and you.
For more information how to use videos to promote your business, give us a call.