- Setup Google Search Console and submit your xml sitemap.
- Submit your business and website to the top local listings, starting with Google My Business.
- Submit your website to online search directories. Aim for industry specific directories if they exist.
- Write Press Releases & submit them regularly. We like local news agencies and PRWeb.
- Socially bookmark your website on such services as reddit.com, stumbleupon.com and digg.com.
- Make sure your website is listed where your competitors are listed.
- Make sure you are active on Social Media. Facebook, Twitter, Instgram and LinkedIn are most important.
- Reach out to websites that are related to yours and see if you can guest post for them and get a link back to your site.
- Try to give back to your local community and have your website mentioned by those community service organizations.
- Keep reciprocal links under 30% of total links.
- Join HARO, at helpareporter.com, and see if you can be a source of information for news organizations.
- Try to make over 60% of your backlinks come from editorial style content that is viral and related to your topic of service/ product.
- Space your links out throughout your site. They shouldn’t all point to the homepage.
- Have at least 20% no-follow links, as too many follow links will be a spam signal.
- Participate in industry forums. Reply to threads and give advice, idealy pointing people to an answer on your website.
Never Do The Following:
- Do not purchase bulk links from sites like fiverr.com
- Do not hire a link building company that doesn’t have a good reputation online.
- Do not use keywords in all of your link anchor text.
- Do not build multiple websites for the same company/brand.
- Avoid link spikes, meaning you suddenly flood the web with links. Try to keep link growth evenly paced.
Be aware, if your domain name is less than one year old, Big Brother Google is watching closely.