What is Schema?
- Start by going to a site like https://www.landingfolio.com/. There you will find some great design ideas.
- Have a short description of your service/ product.
- Show sample results. This will build credibility.
- Show client logos. This will also build credibility.
- If you have a case study, use it. Make it a pdf download.
- Add a few testimonials.
- If you have press coverage or were featured in a publication, add it. This will again build credibility.
- Make your most important points graphics, not text.
- If you can, make the landing page outside of any template design that exists on your site. You want to avoid page navigation.
- Give viewers very few options of what to do. Contact, purchase, download should really be it.
- Make these VERY short.
- If you want them to contact you, consider it as simple and short as an email box.
- If you want your viewers to purchase something, add a “Purchase Now” button and connect it to a simple checkout function.
- If you can, customize the text in the button such as “Start Now”, “Get Rolling”, etc.
- Tell them what will happen after they have contacted you, purchased something, etc.
- Make sure your text has a clear message.
- Write benefit-formatted copy, meaning don’t tell people about your service/product. Tell people what benefit they will derive from using your service / product.
- Make sure your headline reflects exactly the ad text of your marketing campaign.
- Have 2-3 clear calls to action such as “Contact Us Now”, “Email us Now”, “Limited Time”, etc.
- Always write your text in the second person (You).
- Write longer copy if you look to close a sale.
- Write shorter copy if the call to action is for something that has no purchase related action.
- Keep writing on point with logical progression.
- Keep most important info at top & bottom of bullets. Not in the middle.
- Make your first paragraph less than 2 lines.
- Make no paragraph longer than 4-5 lines.
- Assure your call to action is on every page fold of the screen, meaning if people can scroll up and down on your page, at all times will they see a call to action.
- Do not add outbound links or make the design too busy with clutter.
- Test everything.
- Test all browsers, and even different browser versions. Especially IE. If something breaks, it usually breaks in IE.